Security Expert Witness Chris E. McGoey is highly–qualified to testify in court as an expert. He specializes in personal injury premises liability litigation cases that allege crime was foreseeable, security was inadequate or that a security guard was negligent, made a false arrest or used excessive force.
Chris E. McGoey, CPP, CSP, CPI, ICPS, CAM
Near Los Angeles and San Diego, California
49 Years – Education, Training, Experience
35 Years – Licensed Private Investigator
and Certified Professional Security Consultant
7000 Security Surveys Crime Risk Assessments
Premises Liability Security Expert Witness
Testified at 400 depositions – 80 trials
Reasons to Retain Security Expert Witness Chris E. McGoey
- Premises security negligence cases are highly-specialized with many discovery pitfalls. A qualified standard of care security expert is needed for discovery guidance and to render credible opinions at trial.
- Chris E. McGoey is a specialist after four-decades investigating similar civil claims alleging premises liability, inadequate security, security guard negligence, false arrest, or excessive use of force.
- He wrote two books about his methodology to evaluate if crime was foreseeable and if security was adequate or not in premises liability litigation cases from his perspective as a security expert witness.
- It’s a tactical advantage to retain Chris E. McGoey from the beginning. He will narrow your focus during the investigation, discovery phase, and strategy from Complaint to Closing Argument.
Security Expert Witness Qualifications Matter to a Jury
- His biography of education, training, and experience spans 49 years. His full 107-page resume package and fee schedule are available to attorneys that wish to retain him.
- Security Expert Witness Chris E. McGoey is highly-acclaimed in testimonials by both plaintiff (42%) and defense law firms (58%) that have retained him for cases in State and Federal Courts.
- He has testified in litigation matters involving allegations of inadequate security, crime foreseeability, premises liability, retail loss prevention, and in security officer negligence matters involving allegations of negligent hiring, training, supervision, misconduct, false arrest, false imprisonment, and excessive use of force.
Testimonials for Security Expert Witness Chris E. McGoey
Trial Attorneys say Jury Verdicts Matter
- ” DEFENSE VERDICT! Your strong credentials and presentation to the jury about the training of nightclub bouncers was a factor in getting a favorable verdict. Your expert discovery guidance assisted us greatly to build an affirmative defense.”
- ” I want to thank you on behalf of my client who is now financially able to live a decent life after being shot inside a 24-hour restaurant and rendered quadriplegic. Thanks in part to your work as a security consultant, a jury awarded my client $46.4 million, which is the largest premises liability negligent security case verdict in the State.”
- ” Our negligent apartment security lawsuit settled on the first day of trial for $7.8 million due in part due to your incredible assistance, keen analysis, and case preparation. This settlement will finally put this 4½ year battle to rest and will help the father and children negotiate their future.”
- ” The jury returned a favorable verdict and awarded my clients $4.2 million in our nightclub wrongful death case. The depth of your professional resume and quality of expert testimony at deposition and trial were so impressive that opposing counsel didn’t produce an expert to contradict you. We will readily recommend you as a nightclub safety expert, especially in a high-profile case like ours.”
- ” I just settled my personal injury case yesterday for $2.7 million. I had a great experience working with you and hope to do so again soon. I will be happy to recommend you to other attorneys with cases in this area.”
Trial Attorneys say Retaining Chris E. McGoey Matters
- ” I have to honestly say that Mr. McGoey is a well-qualified security consultant. The quality and style of testimony in my complex wrongful death case rank in the top 5% of all depositions I have observed in my twenty years of practice. I can highly recommend him.”
- ” Don’t go to trial without Chris McGoey. He is a master at talking with the jury and boiling down complex and technical issues into easy to understand concepts and visual images.”
- ” I witnessed a masterpiece of organization and language skills at work during a deposition in my wrongful death civil case involving issues of false arrest and excessive use of force. Mr. McGoey’s presentation and analysis was so thorough and focused the case settled soon afterward. I strongly recommend Chris McGoey as a security consultant for cases in this area.”
- ” I was referred to you by opposing counsel (from another case) who you impressed at a deposition with your preparedness, level of organization, and your ability to analyze and discuss volumes of evidence. He said he wished he had you on his side and maybe the outcome of that litigation would have been different.”
Trial Attorneys Want Professionally Written Reports
- ” Your expert report is simply amazing. I have been in practice for over thirty years and your report ranks in the top three I’ve ever read for thoroughness, accuracy, and organization. I must admit, I’ve had a hard time getting my mind around this complex wrongful death case, but you pulled it together nicely in a format that makes perfect sense.”
- ” Today we resolved at mediation what we thought was a very complicated case. Your expert declaration boiled down many disputed liability and negligence questions to a handful of crystal-clear concepts that made the assessment of liability obvious to all parties and the mediator. Your lucid distillation of facts and standard of care discussion was persuasive and guided our decision.”
- ” Our Summary Judgment Motion was Granted! The judge commented that your expert declaration was so comprehensive that there were no triable issues of fact remaining for a jury to consider in our apartment wrongful death case.”
Trial Attorneys Want Discovery Assistance from an Expert
- ” Chris McGoey exceeded our expectations as a security expert. He gave us more value by assisting us greatly during discovery, witness depositions, and cross-examination of opposing experts in a high-exposure case. The case was resolved favorably largely due to Mr. McGoey’s assistance.”
- ” Any attorney who signs a premises liability case should retain Chris McGoey immediately to begin work as a security consultant and expert witness. He will help organize and investigate the necessary liability issues. He is without a doubt the finest security expert I have come across in twenty years of practice.”
- ” Chris McGoey helped us resolve a case swiftly and for much less than we could have hoped for thanks to his keen insight and analysis into a high profile apartment rape case. I would retain him again and highly recommend his firm.”
Benefit from Security Plan Development Experience
Security Expert Chris E. McGoey has conducted over 7000 security plan assessments on business properties. His experience shows when testifying at deposition and trial about:
- Apartments, Convenience Stores, Liquor Stores, Nightclubs, Bars, Gas Stations, Fast-Food Restaurants, Condominiums, Hotels, HOAs, Resorts, Motels, Grocery Stores, Retail Stores, Shopping Centers, Office Buildings, Banks, ATM machines, Universities, Schools, Restaurants, Hospitals, Movie Theaters, Casinos, Convention Centers, Sports Stadiums, Arenas, Parking Lots, and Garages.
Benefit from Crime Risk Assessment Experience
Security Expert Chris McGoey has valuable experience analyzing the cause, effect, and implementing preventive solutions for criminal acts of:
- Homicide, Kidnap, Rape, Sexual Assault, Robbery, Stalking, Carjacking, Aggravated Assault, Simple Assault, Battery, Gang Activity, Drug Activity, Assault with Deadly Weapon, Weapons Screening, Residential Burglary, Commercial Burglary, Auto Theft, Auto Burglary, Shoplifting, Grand Theft, Petty theft, Employee Theft, Vandalism, Loitering, Trespassing, Fraud, Identity Theft, Bullying, False Arrest, False Imprisonment, Racial Profiling, Excessive Use of Force, Active Shooter, and Violence in the Workplace.
How do I Retain Security Expert Witness Chris E. McGoey
Start with a Free Initial Telephone Consultation – 213-537-3505
- Attorneys contact Chris E. McGoey by telephone or email to clear any conflicts before revealing the facts or case strategy in detail.
- If Chris and attorney agree to work together, he will forward his 107-page resume package, biography, engagement agreement, fee schedule, and cover letter with retention instructions.
- A signed engagement agreement and retainer check must be received prior to expert disclosure.
Premises Liability Case Consultation and Discovery Assistance
Only need help with litigation case analysis?
- In cases where Mr. McGoey is unable to be retained as a testifying security expert witness, he may be available to work hourly as a confidential security consultant to provide detailed case evaluation, comprehensive discovery assistance, deposition and trial preparation strategies, and help with opposing expert cross-examination.
- Sometimes, it’s beneficial to hire Mr. McGoey to write a compressive expert report or create exhibits for mediation or case settlement purposes.
- Chris E. McGoey has written two books and published many articles on the subject of Premises Liability Litigation and has reviewed thousands of litigation case files involving most crime types and property types.
- He can quickly evaluate the evidence in your case and recommend a strategy for optimizing discovery and for the presentation of facts at trial.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download 113-page eBook written by Security Expert Chris E. McGoey
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases