- We encourage everyone to download and print our Crime Doctor blog articles and Crime School Podcast show notes and audio files for “personal fair use” to further their knowledge of security and crime prevention as long as our copyright is honored.
- If you wish to use our content for commercial purposes or anything other than personal research or reference, please seek approval from us first.
- We own and will exercise our moral and legal copyright over this written and recorded content, as necessary.
- Please do not copy our blog articles or audio files in whole or in part, and republish our content on other websites (without obtaining permission first)
- However, you are welcome to share or place links from your website to the Crime Doctor Website.
- Blog articles posted or reprinted with permission on other Websites must clearly identify Chris E. McGoey as the author and the CrimeDoctor.com website as the original source with a link pointing back to our website.
Aegis Books, Inc and Chris E. McGoey own the content on the Crime Doctor Website. It holds copyrights and formerly registered trademarks in those names. We want to strike the appropriate balance between getting the content widely distributed while at the same time protecting our intellectual property rights.
Permission is Not Required
You are free to do the following without our permission:
- Link to CrimeDoctor.com or any specific post or page on the site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site for sharing purposes, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off any post or page and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print Crime Doctor blog posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, school newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice:© 2023 – Aegis Books, Inc, and Chris E. McGoey – All rights reserved – Originally published at CrimeDoctor.com
Permission is Required
You must have our express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of this content.
a. Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
b. Re-posting and Translation Rights.
- We do not permit the re-posting of our posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which website hosts the original, so we risk getting penalized for granting permission.
- In addition, we don’t allow the translation and publication of our work in other languages. We simply don’t have the resources to validate the accuracy and quality of the work.
- If you have some use for our content that is not covered here, please get in touch with us.
Formerly registered trademarks of Aegis Books, Inc. and Chris E. McGoey
- Crime School
- Crime Doctor
- Crime Rx