Retail loss prevention is a profession that is responsible for reducing inventory losses inside retail stores. Loss prevention professionals manage in-store security programs that focus on reducing inventory losses due to employee theft, shoplifting, fraud, vendor theft, and accounting errors.
Like others in the security industry, retail loss prevention professionals must interact with store personnel and store customers when dishonestly or carelessness occurs. As you can imagine, accusing someone of dishonesty or carelessness is not a small matter and must be done with the utmost care and professionalism.
I have written a few articles that discuss the subjects of employee theft, shoplifting, detention and arrests, false arrest, false imprisonment, and racial profiling in the retail setting.
Retail Loss Prevention Articles
- Shoplifting: Facts
- Shoplifting: Probable Cause
- Shoplifting: Detention & Arrest
- Shoplifting: False Arrest
- Shoplifting: Excessive Force
- Loss Prevention Expert
- Loss Prevention Exit Bag Checks
- Employee Theft
- Loss Prevention Expert Witness
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download 113-page eBook written by Security Expert Chris E. McGoey
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases