Home burglar alarm decisions are part of your family security plan.
- What home alarm system feature is important for you to consider?
- Do I need to pay to have my home burglar alarm system monitored?
- Interview by Mark Toner writing for Nationwide Insurance.
Podcast Time Stamps:
[00:39] — Show introduction by Crime School Security Expert Chris McGoey.
[01:32] — Home burglar alarm system is just another tool in the security toolbox.
[01:50] — Most homeowners don’t use their alarm system once installed.
[02:35] — Interview with Mark Toner begins.
[04:50] — The alarm industry mainly is a subscription-based monitoring vendor.
[07:20] — Most homeowners just want a basic burglar deterrent system.
[08:05] — Central Station monitoring is an option that is not needed in many cases.
[09:25] — Remote alarm monitoring service is critical for fire response.
[10:40] — Before buying, make a family commitment to use the system every day.
[12:10] — Great feature hardly ever used is bedtime perimeter alarm setup.
[14:15] — Quality system components and installation prevent false alarms.
[15:35] — Are DIY off-the-shelf discount alarm systems any good?
[16:45] — False alarms are the #2 reason why people stop using the home alarm.
[18:00] — Awareness and a home security plan is the most important factor.
Home Burglar Alarm Decisions Depend on Needs
- Most people don’t feel the need or want the expense of an alarm system.
- Apartment tenants usually don’t have an option for a home alarm system.
- Home alarm systems are designed to make noise and deter burglars.
- Alarm systems are programmed to report break-ins, but it’s not required.
- Most homeowners don’t require all the bells & whistles that drive up costs.
- Most alarm system owners don’t use it on a regular basis if at all.
- Add a home alarm system to your family security plan and use it.
Other Home Burglar Alarm Related Podcasts
- Home Security Alarm –Best Practices for Making Places Safe
- 10 Reasons Why Burglars Choose Your Home
- Home Security Burglars, Robbers, Safe Rooms
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review on iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.