Home Security – Family Plan to be Safe
- In this episode, learn about home security and how to make any home, condo, or apartment your castle and protect all those who live in it.
- Interview with Dunagun Kaiser about Home Security and Safety
- “Reluctant Preppers” YouTube Show
I gave my thoughts about home security and preventing crimes like a home burglary, home invasion robbery, and my personal strategy for creating and using a safe room.
Unlike some of my guests here at Crime School, I had no idea what questions would be asked or where the interview might go.
Home Security Points of Discussion
- How a burglar looks at your home and selects a target.
- Burglar’s view from the street.
- Don’t want your house to be an easy target.
- Home, apartment, or condo is a box with door and window openings.
- Fortify these openings as necessary for the risk level.
- Heavy-duty deadbolts, strike plates, door viewport.
- Window and glass door strategies.
- Home invasion robbery scenario.
- Why a robber wants you to be at home.
- Why a burglar wants an unoccupied home.
- Start with a family home security plan.
- Have designated escape plans.
- Add layers of security as necessary for risk.
- Extend protective image out toward the street.
- Plan not to be a victim.
- Establish a routine to prevent home burglary or robbery.
- Planning to escape from a home invasion.
- Saferoom preparation with intention.
- Communication strategies ready for a crisis.
- Rural or remote robbery scenarios.
- Taking action now to improve home security.
Home Security Resources Mentioned
- CrimeDoctor.com – Articles about Crime Prevention
- Home Burglar Alarm System Options
- Reluctant Preppers.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation.
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review on iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.