About the Crime School Podcast
My idea for a Crime School Podcast came in response to several decades of speaking to business owners, and crime victims about how to reduce their risk of physical harm and/or property loss caused by criminal activity.
Security expert Chris E. McGoey is the host of Crime School. He facilitates talk-show discussions with industry experts, crime victims, and product manufacturers about the methods, tactics, and tools being used to prevent crime.
Crime victims learned the hard way that the laws of society, the police, and private security didn’t protect them from crime.
Becoming a crime victim reminded them that personal safety and preventing property loss at home, at a place of business, or when out in public is primarily their responsibility until help arrives.
Most crime victims admit that they didn’t think much about crime prevention or make plans to prevent specific types of crime, but would now like to learn more about it if the training was accessible and affordable.
Let’s not kid ourselves, career criminals have their own crime school and learn their trade in the street, in prison, and online. Unfortunately, their methods of operation adapt faster than law enforcement and private security and their tactics are constantly evolving with new technology.”
I’m a practicing security consultant and retired licensed private investigator. I’ve been studying crime and loss prevention and security management for over 50 years. I’m still learning new things. I see new variations in old criminal methods of operation all the time, especially with the new technology that criminals often use to their advantage.
Discussions about Crime School will provide the education and training you need to make better-informed decisions about making places safe for people and property whether you and your family are at home, at your place of business, or out in public.
About Crime School Curriculum
Crime and loss prevention subject matter:
- Discussion about breaking crime news and ongoing investigations.
- Preventing specific crimes against persons & property.
- Retail loss prevention – robbery, burglary, shoplifting, employee theft.
- Crime risk assessment & security planning.
- Home invasion and burglary prevention (homes, apartments & condos).
- Nightclub & bar security.
- Convenience store and gas station security.
- Fast-food and restaurant security.
- Shopping center security.
- School & campus security.
- Hotel & motel security.
- Travel security.
- Preventing workplace violence.
- Personal safety when out in public.
- Internet crime, fraud & scams.
- Self-defense & use of force including weapons.
- Law enforcement and private security training.
- Probable cause to detain, arrest, false arrest.
- Liability for our action or inaction.
- Review of products, hardware, and equipment.
Who Should Listen?
- Any concerned citizen who wants to learn how to be safe.
- Students that are interested in crime prevention careers.
- Law enforcement professionals.
- Corporate security management.
- Security consultants & investigators.
- Loss prevention professionals.
- Security guards and proprietary security officers.
- Risk managers & Insurance underwriters.
- Commercial property owners & managers.
- Business owners & operators.
- Attorneys interested in premises liability & negligence claims.
- Equipment suppliers and service contractors.
Podcast Talk Show Format
Crime School uses a talk-show format to interview crime victims and industry experts, criminologists, investigators, business operators, and crime prevention specialists that have been successful in solving specific crime problems in various settings.
- We interview security and personal safety product manufacturers to learn about the latest in hardware, equipment, and technology that can be used as tools to fight crime.
We record and publish interview content in an MP3 audio-podcast file format so you can listen to the content at your leisure. We make it easy for you to listen to each episode on your computer, smartphone, or another audio-listening device on all operating systems. You can download each episode automatically and listen to shows while in your favorite chair, while driving in your car, at the gym, on an airplane, or while exercising.
- For those that prefer to read, we publish show notes about the highlights from each episode. The show notes contain links to guest information and valuable resources that are mentioned during each show.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the 115-page eBook written by Security Expert Chris E. McGoey
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases
Chris McGoey has authored a tremendous practical guide about premises liability litigation for attorneys, security consultants, risk managers, landlords, law enforcement, and business operators.
“You won’t find a better book on this subject!”
If you’re a trial lawyer, you simply “Must Read This Book”
- 115 pages 8.5 X 11″ — Instant Download (PDF) – Revised 2023.
Copyright © 2009 – 2023 Aegis Books, Inc.
Click the Buy Now button. Pay via PayPal or Credit-Debit Cards
Instant Download $25 –
- Online Orders are Secure via PayPal Server
- Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
Biography of Chris E. McGoey
Testimonials from a few clients
Premises Liability Litigation Book
Retain Chris as a Security Expert Witness
Chris McGoey Blog Article Index
Contact Security Consultant Chris E. McGoey