Nightclub security plan after Orlando massacre
Are nightclub security plan upgrades needed for LGBT Pride week?
- What can San Francisco club owners do to enhance security?
- Should nightclub owners worry about a copycat incident?
Interview with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper.
- Reporter Aidin Vaziri.
Podcast Time Stamps:
[01:20] — Gay Pride (LGBT) weekend starts June 25, 2016, in San Francisco
[01:50] — This year LGBT parade joins with the Black Lives Matter movement.
[03:10] — Interview begins with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reporter.
[04:00] — What should nightclub owners do in light of the Orlando massacre?
[05:00] — No trend or pattern of where or when the next mass shooting will occur.
[06:00] — Parade dynamic may change with the Black Lives Matter movement.
[07:20] — Nightclub security plan must increase vigilance at the front door.
[08:20] — San Francisco Police will be out in force and highly visible.
[09:00] — Police have met with parade organizers and nightclub owners.
[09:40] — Will mass shooters are deterred by more security staff at the door
[11:15] — Arming all security staff in clubs is not likely to happen soon.
[12:45] — Special response training is needed for a nightclub security plan.
[13:15] — Nightclub owners need a response to “what if” questions.
[14:40] — New dynamic requires personal alertness at all public venues.
San Francisco LGBT Parade and Celebration
- Gay Pride Parade 2016 is expected to draw one-million people.
- The celebration moves between Civic Center and the Castro district.
- Day-long celebrations and the mixing of political values are a security challenge.
- Police hope for peaceful demonstrations and protests.
- The usual amount of disruption and disorderly conduct is expected.
- Due to the crowd, theme, and alcohol service, there will be some fights.
- Some injuries and medical emergencies are anticipated.
- Gun violence and mass murder have not been a major threat.
- A few people were shot in 2013 and 2015 at LGBT Pride events.
- SFPD will increase foot patrols and have a highly-visible presence.
- Law enforcement is relying on each nightclub security plan.
Nightclub Security Plan for Gay Pride Celebration
- FBI and San Francisco Police have met with parade organizers.
- Saturday is nightclub night South of Market and in the Castro.
- Streets, nightclubs, and bars will be filled with people.
- Police have met with clubs about a nightclub security plan.
- Police planning is largely about crowd control and response.
- The Orlando Nightclub Massacre is on everyone’s mind.
- Police will be out in force to prevent a copycat mass shooter.
- A city must rely heavily on the private nightclub security plan.
- Nightclubs must hire and train adequate staff to control conduct.
- The nightclub security plan must address the active shooter response.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the 115-page eBook written by Security Expert Chris E. McGoey
- Security Expert’s Guide to Premises Liability Litigation
- Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases
Chris McGoey has authored a tremendous practical guide about premises liability litigation for attorneys, security consultants, risk managers, landlords, law enforcement, and business operators.
“You won’t find a better book on this subject!”
If you’re a trial lawyer, you simply “Must Read This Book”
- 115 pages 8.5 X 11″ — Instant Download (PDF) – Revised 2023.
Copyright © 2009 – 2023 Aegis Books, Inc.
Click the Buy Now button. Pay via PayPal or Credit-Debit Cards
Instant Download $25 –
- Online Orders are Secure via PayPal Server
- Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
Biography of Chris E. McGoey
Testimonials from a few clients
Premises Liability Litigation Book
Retain Chris as a Security Expert Witness
Chris McGoey Blog Article Index
Contact Security Consultant Chris E. McGoey