Nightclub security plan after Orlando massacre
Are nightclub security plan upgrades needed for Gay Pride week?
- What can San Francisco club owners do to enhance security?
- Should nightclub owners worry about a copycat incident?
Interview with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper.
- Reporter Aidin Vaziri.
- Is a nightclub security plan needed for the LGBT Pride Celebration?
Podcast Time Stamps:
[01:20] — Gay Pride (LGBT) weekend starts June 25, 2016 in San Francisco
[01:50] — This year LGBT parade joins with Black Lives Matter movement.
[03:10] — Interview begins with San Francisco Chronicle newspaper reporter.
[04:00] — What should nightclub owners do in light of the Orlando massacre?
[05:00] — No trend or pattern where or when next mass shooting will occur.
[06:00] — Parade dynamic may change with Black Lives Matter movement.
[07:20] — Nightclub security plan must increase vigilance at the front door.
[08:20] — San Francisco Police will be out in force and highly-visible.
[09:00] — Police have met with parade organizers and nightclub owners.
[09:40] — Will mass shooters are deterred by more security staff at the door
[11:15] — Arming all security staff in clubs is not likely to happen soon.
[12:45] — Special response training needed for a nightclub security plan.
[13:15] — Nightclub owners need a response to “what if” questions.
[14:40] — New dynamic requires personal alertness at all public venues.
San Francisco LGBT Parade and Celebration
- Gay Pride parade 2016 is expected to draw one-million people.
- The celebration moves between Civic Center and the Castro district.
- Day-long celebration and mixing of political values is a security challenge.
- Police hope for peaceful demonstrations and protests.
- The usual amount of disruption and disorderly conduct is expected.
- Due to the crowd, theme, and alcohol service, there will be some fights.
- Some injuries and medical emergencies are anticipated.
- Gun violence and mass murder have not been a major threat.
- A few people were shot in 2013 and 2015 at LGBT Pride events.
- SFPD will increase foot patrols and have a highly-visible presence.
- Law enforcement is relying on each nightclub security plan.
Nightclub Security Plan for Gay Pride Celebration
- FBI and San Francisco Police have met with parade organizers.
- Saturday is nightclub night South of Market and in the Castro.
- Streets, nightclubs, and bars will be filled with people.
- Police have met with clubs about a nightclub security plan.
- Police planning is largely about crowd control and response.
- The Orlando Nightclub Massacre is on everyone’s mind.
- Police will be out in force to prevent a copycat mass shooter.
- A city must rely heavily on the private nightclub security plan.
- Nightclubs must hire and train adequate staff to control conduct.
- The nightclub security plan must address the ve shooter response.
Learn More about Premises Liability Litigation
Download the book written by Crime School host Chris McGoey.
Evaluating Crime Foreseeability and Inadequate Security Cases.
- Crime School topics are influenced by your input and scenarios.
- We encourage sharing Crime School content on social media.
- Help Crime School grow with a 5-Star Rating & Review on iTunes.
- Thank you for doing your part in making places safe.